Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day 1

Here it is ~ I'm writing. I've thought about doing this for quite some time, but more importantly the Lord has been prompting me to do so for even longer! What am I going to write about you ask? I don't know.....lol. I have recently joined "The Know Nothing Ya-Ya Sisterhood" and I'm good with that.
Let me explain ~ I bought this sign that I posted in my kitchen about six weeks ago that reads "To save time, let's assume I know everything" When my sixteen year old son saw this he put it around his neck and said "this is me!" And of course I was quick to correct him because it was for him to adhere to ~ not to define him. Now I don't think I know everything, but as far as my teenagers are concerned they need to think that mom knows all! And as far as my husband goes....well he knows better. The Lord reminded me of exactly how much I really know ~ not a lot! Maybe nothing at all. However He reminds me that He has given me knowledge of two things ~ 1. I know how to pray 2. I know and hear His voice. This is enough for me. It's all I need to know.
So here I am. Writing. Writing as the Lord has told me to. For those of you who don't know me that well please know that I don't use the term "the Lord said to me" or anything like that loosely. In fact I hesitate to say anything remotely close to that. Know that when I do it's been after praying and confirming it through His word. Also this is my walk, my journey in life as I do my best to live a life that is honoring and pleasing to the Lord. I will openly share my thoughts, feelings, fears, victories, laughter and tears along the way with you in hopes that it may encourage you or someone you may know. We often feel alone in this world. However, this couldn't be farther from the truth. Not only has the Lord given us His Holy Spirit to dwell within us but He has given us each other. I am so grateful for this. Thank you Lord.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Stephanie! There is a lot of healing through writing as I have found in doing a blog for over a year now. It is a blessing to me to be able to be authentic about my feelings and struggles - share my journey and be a blessing and encouragement to others. I'm sure you will have the same experience as you allow God to use your "gift" of sharing yourself in your writing! I look forward to reading ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, I'm proud of you for reaching out & taking a risk to share in such a vulnerable way. I'll be watching for your updates as you I enter this intriguing blog world together!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete